The Supreme Court is very likely to give a decision on final year university exams 2020 on Wednesday (August 26).
Supreme Court Advocate, Alakh Alok Srivastava on Monday said the Supreme Court has not pronounced its final order in the case today”
It is likely that, the Supreme Court of India, bench is not sitting on 25th August. This has resulted in the delay in the Judgement in the PIL. The PIL filed by final year students on the final year exam, decision is probably deemed to be released on Wednesday 26th, August 2020.
What has happened till now
- UGC has earlier directed all Universities to conduct final year exams by September 30th.
- PIL was filed in the SC against the conduct of final year exams by Advocate Alakh Alok Srivastava (The student’s advocate) for final year students.
- The SC has heard the pleas of opposing UGC final year exam guidelines.
- The SC has reserved its order on pleas seeking cancellation of the final year exams.
- It is most likely that the Final Order of the SC will be pronounced on August 26th of 2020.
- Adv. Alakh Alok Srivastava says in his tweet that, #UGC matter is NOT listed in tomorrow’s Supplementary Cause List. Thus, SC is UNLIKELY to pronounce final order tomorrow.